I’ve been thinking of ways to drive inspiration and increase my creativity levels. So I’ve decided to challenge myself this year to create one playlist (with customized artwork, of course), comprised of completely new (to me, anyway) songs, for each month of the year.
Add to this, that I consistently found that this year I grew tired of the music I was listening to and would just end up working in silence because I could not be bothered to make a thoughtful decision.
My hopes in accomplishing these goals involve keeping up with a schedule, staying informed of new music releases and, all the while, sourcing inspiration of various methods that are not solely rooted in design or photography.
So here it is, the first of 12 monthly curated playlists for 2020.
Follow the link here: January 2020 Playlist
For the non–Spotify users following along, here it is in list form:
1. Exist Strategy “Remember When”
2. The Acid “Tumbling Lights”
3. Heaven “Truth or Dare (On Film)”
4. Destoyer “It Just Doesn’t Happen”
5. Public Memory “Before I Forget”
6. Tess Roby “Beacon”
7. Glåsbird “Kaldsår”
8. Broadcast “Corporeal”
9. Vanishing Twin “Cryonic Suspension May Save Your Life – Extended Life Version”
10. Rob Lewis “Neurons”
11. Olga Wojciechowska “Infinite Distances”
12. Jon Hopkins & Kelly Lee Owens “Luminous Spaces”
12 songs with a total playing time of 59 minutes.